Free Machine Embroidered Flowers
Come and create some machine embroidered flowers using the bits and pieces you already have at home.
This would suit people who haven't done very much machine embroidery before as well as being a way for the more experienced to try a few new ideas. It's not designed for complete beginners.
This relaxed zoom session will be a mix of demonstartions and the chance for you to do a bit of sewing along.
All the flowers in the sample will be demonstarted in the session and you will have chance to make the three larger ones.
Patterns for the flowers will be emailed to you when you have booked.
I really want you to use what you already have in the house and there is a list of requirements that you can view before you book.
The class will have a maximum of 10 participants.
There will be a comfort break during the class
ZOOM CLASS- Wednesday 10th February 1-3.30 PM London
Claire Muir’s Zoom Workshop- Free Machine Embroidered Flowers
Equipment Required for the Workshop:
- An ordinary sewing machine
- A free machine embroidery foot ( also know as a darning foot or a free motion quilting foot) It doesn’t come as standard with a lot of machines and has to be bought separately. If you have a quilting kit, it’s often in there. Please ask if you need more information
- Ordinary size 80 or 90 machine needles
- Iron and ironing board or ironing pad
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- 12 inch (30cm) Wooden embroidery hoop would be great but smaller will be fine.
- Frixion pen or other erasable/vanishing pen. If you don’t have one, a pencil will be fine.
During the Class You Will Use:
- 12” (30cm) Square medium weight calico or similar fabric. Cotton curtain lining is fine.
- 5” x 2” (13cm x 5xm) Cotton fabric with a very fine print or plain cotton, poly cotton or silk. You need to be able to cut out 5 petals so scraps will be fine.
- 5” x 2” (13cm x 5cm) Bondaweb. This is used on the 5 petals. If you don’t have any, you can use pins.
- Fabric paint or acrylic paint in 2 colours, 1 metallic would be great. If you have other paints, fabric markers or pencils please use them. You will be colouring the calico with them.
- Thread- Machine embroidery rayon thread eg Madeira Classic 40 or Gutermann polyester thread or cotton threads.
- Bobbinfil thread if you have it.
- Metallic machine embroidery thread if you have it.
I will demonstrate techniques that you can try after the class and the materials used in those are:
- Scraps of plain cotton or silk. You just need very small pieces.
- Small amount of merino wool tops or silk tops. You could also use small pieces of velvet instead of the tops.
Please don’t buy anything especially for the workshop, I want you to use what you already have. We will discuss threads and materials in the class.
Any questions then please email me : firstname.lastname@example.org