Free Machine Embroidered Mistletoe or Holly Christmas Decoration.
This is a Zoom class that is at 2-4.30 pm London Time on Tuesday 7th December
This course is about free-machine embroidering on organza and creating either a holly or mistletoe decoration.
On this relaxed zoom session I will show you how to create your mistletoe or holly decoration by sewing on organza fabric. The berries are represented with small bells or pom poms.
**You will need an 18w craft soldering iron. I buy mine from Margaret Beal at www.fusingfabric.co.uk. I like using the angled tip and if you have been to my classes, you will have used an angled tip. Please let Margaret know if you would prefer an angled tip when you order. **
The class will have a maximum of 10 participants.
There will be a comfort break during the class
You are able to view the requirements list before you purchase a place.
When you purchase a place on this zoom class you will receive the pattern, details of the materials that you will have to get for the workshop and any preparation that you will need to do before the class. It is emailed to you immediately. It is in a PDF format and you will need to be able to print off patterns.
ZOOM CLASS-Mistletoe or Holly Christmas Decs Tues 7th Dec 2-4.30pm
Claire Muir’s Zoom Workshop- Free Machine Embroidered Mistletoe or Holly Decoration
Equipment Required for the Workshop:
- An ordinary sewing machine
- A free machine embroidery foot ( also know as a darning foot or a free motion quilting foot) It doesn’t come as standard with a lot of machines and has to be bought separately. If you have a quilting kit, it’s often in there. Please ask if you need more information
- 80 universal machine needle
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Dressmakers pins with no glass heads
- 18cm (7") Wooden embroidery hoop.
- You will need an 18w craft soldering iron. I buy mine from Margaret Beal at www.fusingfabric.co.uk. I like using an angled tip and if you have been to my classes you will have used an angled tip. Please let Margaret know if you would prefer an angled tip when you order.
- Heat proof mat or a piece of glass ( clip frame glass is great, wood is no good)
- Terracotta flower pot to stand the soldering iron in.
- Fine steel wool to clean the tip of the soldering iron.
- 2 x 23cm squares (9") Polyester or nylon sheer organza in green. It has to be synthetic organza.
- Small pieces of sheer organza in different greens, lighter or darker
- Small pieces of twinkly synthetic organza- greens, silver or gold
- Angelina fibres is you have some.
- Thread- Machine embroidery rayon thread eg Madeira Classic 40. You can use viscose or cotton thread. It has to be a natural thread.
- Metallic machine embroidery thread if you have it.
- Small green flatbacked crystal or sequins
- Small white bells or pom poms for mistletoe/ small red bells or pom poms for the holly decoration (6-10mm)
- Small piece of craft wire or ribbon to hang your decoration up with.
We will discuss threads and materials in the class.
Any questions then please email me : email@example.com
In order for a zoom workshop to run, I require a minimum of 5 students enrolled. I reserve the right to cancel or postpone a workshop 5 working days before the starting date if I do not get the minimum registration needed.
In the rare event that I need to cancel a workshop, you will receive a full refund.
If you are unable to attend a workshop then you must give me a minimum of 48 hours notice and you will receive a workshop credit for another workshop.
After this withdrawal period, credits will not be given due to my small class size.
If you are unable to attend a workshop, please contact me on 07778 132 722 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org