Free Machine Embroidered Christmas Trees
This is a zoom class that is at 10am-12.30pm London Time on Tuesday 7th December.
This course is about doing free motion embroidery on soluble fabric. Stitch a Christmas tree shape in whatever colour you fancy. A twig is its trunk and a wooden spool is the pot
Beads, bells or pom poms finish off this cute little tree that is an ideal decoration to sit on your desk or in your craft room.
This course would suit people who have had a little go at free machine embroidery before and complete beginners.
Merino wool tops, sequins, angelina fibres are sandwiched between two layers of Madeira Avalon Soluble film. They are placed in a wooden embroidery hoop and then they are free machine embroidered
The piece is then dipped in cold water, some of the soluble washed out and then blow dried with a hair dryer.
On this relaxed zoom session I will show you how I make my trees and the hints and tips to make yours a success. You will create your tree alongside me and should complete it in the session.
The class will have a maximum of 10 participants.
There will be a comfort break during the class
You are able to view the requirements list before you purchase a place.
When you purchase a place on this zoom class you will receive details of the materials that you will have to get for the workshop and any preparation that you will need to do before the class. It is emailed to you immediately.
It is in a PDF format and you will need to be able to print off patterns.
ZOOM CLASS- Free Machine Embroidered Trees Tues 7th Dec 10am-12.30pm
Claire Muir’s Zoom Workshop- Free Machine Embroidered Trees
Equipment Required for the Workshop:
- An ordinary sewing machine
- A free machine embroidery foot ( also know as a darning foot or a free motion quilting foot) It doesn’t come as standard with a lot of machines and has to be bought separately. If you have a quilting kit, it’s often in there. Please ask if you need more information
- Ordinary size 80 or 90 machine needles
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- 15cm (6") Wooden embroidery hoop
- Piece of polystyrene to pin your tree to to dry
- Dressmakers pins with no glass heads
- Tray to catch the water drips
- Large bowl of cold water and a towel
During the Class You Will Use:
- 2 x 20 cm (8") of Soluble film. Madeira Avalon Film is the product I get the best results with. Aquatics Avalon is a slightly different product and you may need to stiffen it afterwards. There are other brands of solubles which you may already have, it needs to be transparent for this project
- Some merino wool tops, or silk tops or Wensleydale wool locks
- Flat sequins.
- Tapestry wool or other wool.
- Not essential but if you have: Angelina fibres
- Thread- Machine embroidery rayon thread eg Madeira Classic 40. You can use the polyester thread or cotton threads that you may already have.
- Metallic machine embroidery thread if you have it.
- Wooden Cotton reel . You can decorate a blank one
- Small twig that can fit into the cotton reel hole.
- Glue- Glue gun or tacky PVA
- Pom poms, beads or crystals to decorate your tree
We will discuss threads and materials in the class.
Any questions then please email me : email@example.com
In order for a zoom workshop to run, I require a minimum of 5 students enrolled. I reserve the right to cancel or postpone a workshop 5 working days before the starting date if I do not get the minimum registration needed.
In the rare event that I need to cancel a workshop, you will receive a full refund.
If you are unable to attend a workshop then you must give me a minimum of 48 hours notice and you will receive a workshop credit for another workshop.
After this withdrawal period, credits will not be given due to my small class size.
If you are unable to attend a workshop, please contact me on 07778 132 722 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org